Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Questions

I got this from Jen Hendren:

Insert your own answers and pass it on to whomever you feel would respond – including the person who sent it to you

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? While I enjoy ripping open presents and watching other people do it, I SUCK at wrapping.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I would rather SMELL a real tree, but the guilt is too much. This year is the last that we will be getting a real tree. Pre-lighted fake tree coming soon...

3. When do you put up the tree? We just put ours up yesterday. Between Destructo and the Chocolate Lab, I'll be surprised if it lasts.

4. When do you take the tree down? I'm into taking it down on New Year's Eve. But it may be knocked over before that - see Question #3.

5. What do you do with your tree after you take it down? Trash man takes it away.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? That's a hard one. I always enjoyed the presents that I received - can't really think of any that I didn't like, but I would have loved to have gotten a remote control car.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband, my grandmother, my father.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Destructo. He's a blast to buy for!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. See Question #3.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Every year I BUY Christmas cards. Guess how many unopened boxes of Christmas cards I have? (15)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? It was probably a secret santa gift. Every year my Aunt, Uncle, cousins, grandmother, sister (and her brood), all get together and do this fun little game where we compete for crazy gifts.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hands down, Christmas Vacation. That movie never gets old.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? HAHAHAHA! I'm going to buy some stuff today, but probably not until the weekend. Which is very much the norm. We suck.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I've recycled secret santa stuff.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies maybe. I don't know.

16. Lights on the tree? The more the better.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course. I DO have a 2 year old. (g)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I prefer an angel, only because the one that my sister and I share came from my Grandmother. This year, I'm stuck with a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I'm all for opening ONE on Christmas Eve. I never get to, though.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The stores. Ugh. On-line shopping ROCKS.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't have a favorite of either. I like my grandmothers ornaments but we can't put them up this year (again, see #3).

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm partial to Turkey, but my family always has ham.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want Destructo to experience the magic of Christmas and to pass some of it along to me! I'm just not feeling it this year.

2 comments:

laughingwolf said...

season's blessings to you and yours....

Tara Parker said...

Dear laughingwolf,

And also to you.

Thank you!